Mistery hairy cultivar

Discussion in 'Maples' started by Gomero, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Gomero

Gomero Well-Known Member Maple Society 10 Years

Hello everybody,

I have not posted here for a while.
    I would like to elicit the views of some of you on this cultivar which was bought a long time ago as Acer palmatum 'Akegarasu' and was planted in a remote part of my woodland and then forgotten. Taking into account all this extra time we have for the plants due to the lockdown over here in France, I finally paid some attention to it and found that it is most likely not Acer palmatum 'Akegarasu'. You can see the marked pubescent leaves and very dark bark. It is likely a hybrid between palmatum and sieboldianum?, circinatum?
    Any ideas are most welcome

Attached Files:

Acerholic and dicky5ash like this.
  2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Hi Gomero, sorry cannot ID this one for you, but it's a great looking Acer with wonderful colouring.
    Having seen many of your posts over the years I am sure you have many lovely Spring photos in your garden atm.
    If you have can I ask if you can post some on the 'Cheering yourself up thread'. During these difficult times everyone would appreciate it I'm certain, I know my wife and I would.
    Keep safe.