Majesty palm - will putting my plant in the middle help?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Majestypalm999, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Majestypalm999

Majestypalm999 Active Member

When I noticed that my Majesty palm seemed kind of like it had limited growing space from being placed in a corner, I moved it about 4ft. out of the corner. This gave me am amazing idea, though I would have to make a big sacrifice to do so. I wanted to move the plant into the middle of it's room to have it take over completely.
    So anyway, if I were to move my palm into the middle of it's room, a few years from now... would it take over? would I have very limited space?

2. L.plant

L.plant Active Member

That's a confusing question. It could certainly reach the ceiling if potted into a large enough container, and would likewise have a quite ample width, but are you asking how to prevent this, or is your desired purpose in moving the plant into the middle of the room to allow it to fill the whole room?

3. Majestypalm999

Well, My intention is to have the plant get as big as possible, and take over the whole room, pretty much. I know it sounds kind of stupid, but I don't do much in the plant's room, and I think it would be cool to make it a tropical rainforest. :P

4. Bluewing

Bluewing Well-Known Member

I have always read that these palms need a sunny window to do well indoors.

5. Majestypalm999

Well, lucky for me, if I put my Majesty palm in the middle of the room there will be a window right in front of it. So, I think it will do okay.