Lovely Nancy ...

Discussion in 'Maples' started by Laurie, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Laurie

Laurie Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

I just received a newsletter from Mountain Maples, wherein it was announced that Nancy Fiers died on October 29, 2006 from complications from injuries she sustained in an automobile accident on October 18, 2006. This was just days after many of us were blessed with her friendship and company at the Maple Society meeting in Philadelphia. An informal memorial will be held at the Potter Valley Nursery on Saturday, November 11, 2006 at 1:00 pm. Please share your memories with her family at http://www.mountainmaples.com/WS4D_Cookie=11.9.06_10,29,33_3/nancy.html.

2. Gomero

Gomero Well-Known Member Maple Society 10 Years

Laurie,

thank you for sharing this sad information. I am one of those who was blessed with her company at the Maple Society Meeting where I met her for the first time. She was a wonderful person who made you instantly feel as if she had known you for a long time. Her love and knowledge of maples was unmistakable and, in spite of her large experience, she was always attentive to what the others had to say.

It is a poignant loss for all of us who knew her as well as for the Maple community worldwide.

Gomero

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Sad news. My thoughts are with her family.