Hi All, I picked my first lobster mushrooms this weekend after having a person who picked mushrooms and sold them for a living (family business) identify them. Today I have been reading about how the parasite could possibly infect and transform a poisonous species of mushroom. Some people apparently say that poisonous species transformed by the parasite are no longer poisonous. The person that showed me how to identify the mushroom did not tell me this. By the time we were done I was under the impression the parasitic fungus was very host specific and could only infect species non-toxic to us? Any thoughts on this? Has anyone ever heard of any poisonings related to picking and eating lobster mushrooms?