Lawn Care

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by cdan38, Apr 22, 2009.

1. cdan38

cdan38 Member

I'm sure this has been the most asked question for "$1 million".

Living in southern Ontario and now the new legislation of no pesticide or herbacide products for lawn care, here's my question:

1. the front of my lawn has been there for 14 years, it never looks robust and fully green; it always looks matted and thatchy, what do I do for this?
    2. My backyard had new sod put down last year after installing a pool and backyard makeover; how do I treat it for this season?

3. Also, I get a lot of crab grass and clover on my lawn as well as dandelion, what do I do?

Remember, no more herbacide nor pesticide.

2. bob 2

bob 2 Active Member

I'm afraid I can't give you an answer to this knee jerk reaction by the Ontario Govt.
    From what I can gather they still license pesticide applicators in the province so you may be able to contact a maintenance company to have the problem controlled.

Where it me, I would probably have it killed off completely with a Round up type product and rototilled to a decent depth to loosen up the soil, amend it with what ever is missing and start over with a good grass mix.

I can't even imagine what the cities will look like in 2-3 years.

I am not a proponent of indiscriminate use of pesticides or herbicides but I am also not in favour of banning all vehicles because some drivers are careless.

The situation should have been handled by co-operation from the government rather than regulation.

Bob