Lavender question?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by Keith Elliott, May 5, 2021.

1. Keith Elliott

Keith Elliott Contributor

Firstly, let me thank you for that resource, quite amazing. Somewhat surprisingly, to me anyway, is that I have a number of books on the subject, a few of which appear on that list. So that's encouraging.

I think I will need to find all that I managed to bring here when I left Ruxton. Sadly, due to physical limitations and time constraints, I wasn't able to retrieve all my books.

Secondly, I got this book via one of Amazon's sellers for the princely sum of just $17. It is in new condition, so I'm a happy camper.

Georgia Strait likes this.
  2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

What a great deal Keith. Glad that resource was of use to you also.

D

Keith Elliott likes this.
  3. Keith Elliott

Today I discovered that Val has two additional lavender plants out on the east side. They've obviously been there since last year. I think I need to get out more often!

They both appear to be doing really well, probably better than the plant up by the driveway. It looks like they are just a little bigger than the front plant.

IMG_4694.JPG IMG_4696.JPG

4. Acerholic

Looks a perfect spot Keith. Lavender does love the sun.

5. Keith Elliott

Took this photo before the sun got up above the trees this morning. Same two lavenders as above, and a couple of ornamental grasses.

IMG_4750.JPG

Acerholic likes this.
  6. Acerholic

Lavenders and grasses on a sunny slope, perfect!!

7. Keith Elliott

Yes, but what you don't see is that infernal black cloth under the mulch. Not to worry, I will start chopping it back on the first available opportunity, which should be this afternoon. I did explain to Val just how wonderful this cloth isn't, but it will take time to get her over to the right side I think. But if I just get rid of it and cover everything with mulch...

8. Acerholic

When they go shopping is a very good time Keith, I'm quite the expert you know........Lol.

9. Keith Elliott

I think you should keep that sort of thing under your hat there D! Usually, Val and I shop together as I do most of the driving. Not to mention that I need to limit her purchases of all this gardening stuff! Not that I'm any too good at that.

10. Acerholic

Agreed we are 'both' the same here when visiting a garden centre or a nursery. But what a fun pastime eh!!

11. Keith Elliott

I made an early morning tour around the garden this morning and took something like 80+ photos. Most of them aren't worth anything, but a few came out OK. The sun was well below the trees when I started, but since it took me more than an hour to make the trip, the sun had risen enough at the end to get some very different pictures.

I couldn't resist getting some of the lavender again. The first flower buds have appeared this morning.

IMG_4786.JPG IMG_4777.JPG

Acerholic likes this.
  12. Acerholic

And all that fresh new growth. I can see why you wanted to show these Keith.

13. Keith Elliott

And today, after a week of steady rain, I'm pleasantly surprised as to how nicely the lavender is coming along.

IMG_5127.JPG

Georgia Strait and Acerholic like this.
  14. Acerholic

That is looking so fresh and healthy. Lots of flowers for the bees as well.