Kiwi

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by uzuznoff, Jan 29, 2007.

1. uzuznoff

uzuznoff Member

HI,
    can somebody tell me if kiwi can grow in hothouse. I have 3 acres and I am really up to produce kiwi in there if posible
    thanks a lot.

2. cella jane

cella jane Member

How fortunate that you have a hothouse! Several of my friends have raised kiwis-but outside. All went up trees and over sheds very quickly. I have read of some that can be pot grown and I imagine if you watched and pruned wisely, you would have some return. There may be some detailed personal experience with hothouse kiwi with some of the Australian sites, or NAFEX (in USA) as well as the KIWI society that has been mentioned. The most productive outside kiwi I have seen in Philadelphia PA was at the Dupont gardens growing in a sheltered area. What is your growing zone? Some parts of your country would surely supposrt outdoor growth. Good luck!

cella jane KY/6

3. jokenmar

jokenmar Member

I have some seed given to me by a friend. However, I went to ask.com and typed in
    "How to grow KIWI" and got lots of info. I don't think I am going to plant it, tho. It seems like a whole lot of work and pruning, and it takes a long time to produce fruit. I would probably cut off the wrong limb while pruning.