Japanese Wisteria

Discussion in 'Woody Plants' started by Westcoastmtn, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Westcoastmtn

Westcoastmtn Member

Hello,

I have two Japanese Wisteria that I purchased from Art Knapp. I have planted them in their own planters about a month ago. They are on a deck and get late afternoon sun
    and full light(not sun) throughout the day.

The plant does not seem to be adapting well. Their pots are deep and I keep them well watered. However the plants' leaves have become crunchy and are starting to curl. I also noticed that some newer leaves are turning yellow.

What am I doing wrong? They were pricey items and I dont want to kill them.

Thankyou
    Andrew
    Steveston, British Columbia

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hello Westcoastmtn,

Hmm? Not something I have grown before. I lived in Georgia for a few years. It was a seriously invasive plant there. Seemed vigorous as a plant could be. From what I read: they like full sun; normal moisture; overfertilizing causes excessive green growth and lack of blooms; can be difficult to transpant and slow to establish. That last part may be your problem or possibly fertilizer burn or it they have a disease. If you can attach a photo that may be helpful. I would also call Art Knapp and ask what they thought - take in some leaves if you can. They sold them. They would be the one to replace them if they fail.