Identification: Is this a chlorophytum comosum?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by emmalynn, Nov 13, 2021.

1. emmalynn

emmalynn New Member

I got this plant passed down to my from my boss. She said it’s a spider plant that she had bought from someone on Facebook but ended up not liking the look of it.

I am a brand new plant mama and only have a few plants such as a monstera deliciosa, english ivy, pickle plant, croton petra (I know, very dramatic plant for a newbie), pilea peperomioides, and a few others in shipment on the way.

But I also do, already have a spider plant. And even from its young stage, the leaves didn’t really look like this! I’ve had this one for 6 months, and it hasn’t grown much at all. It has some new little leaves coming up from the crown but that’s it!

I’m attaching some images just so you guys can see! It very well could be a chlorophytum, this one just looks different from my other spider plant, who I grew from a pup.

also please be aware, the plant isn’t in this “pot” anymore! It was the one I was given the plant in!

Attached Files:

2. emmalynn

emmalynn New Member

I don’t have any more photos, so I will likely go grab some more once my grow lights turn on at 8am! Just in case more are needed!

3. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

This is a Dracaena fragrans 'Warneckei', also sold as Dracaena deremensis 'Warneckei', and you're doing an outstanding job with it.

Daniel Mosquin likes this.
  4. emmalynn

emmalynn New Member

Oh my goodness thank you!!! I was thinking it looked more like a Dracaena but I’m not super educated on them! I guess now I should start doing my research;)