Is there a gardening tax credit anywhere?

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by Greenbed, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Greenbed

Greenbed Member

Like the title says: Is there a gardening tax credit anywhere?

Does any country offer a gardening tax credit?

I have yet to find one.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

2. David Payne Terra Nova

David Payne Terra Nova Active Member

There was a home renovation credit offered here for around a year a couple years ago I guess. We never had any clients that took advantage of it. The program included remodelling kitchens and houses and landscape improvements that physically changed the yard, but didn't apply to lawn and garden maintenance.

3. Greenbed

Greenbed Member

Yes, I do recall the home renovation tax credit. In my recent search for a gardening tax credit, I came across a 2009 blog post that did refer to landscape improvements and listed the following items that could be applied towards the tax credit:

It would be nice to find a gardening tax credit somewhere, anywhere, to see if it is being widely used by tax payers and how significant the benefits for the tax payer and the economy (from a local perspective) have been.

4. David Payne Terra Nova

David Payne Terra Nova Active Member

O.K., look through the archives at the original government program...on the internet. You might also be able to access statistics from the CNLA-Canadian Nursery Landscape Association and also try the BCLNA. You may have to be a member though.