Indigenous Microorganisms

Discussion in 'Plants: Science and Cultivation' started by takbok1, Feb 12, 2006.

1. takbok1

takbok1 Member

Hi,

I have just finished a seminar on IMO (Indigenous Micro-organisms) the Japanese and Koreans call them EM (Effective Microorganisms) This is the new approach to Natural Farming, by using IMO to make Fermented Plant and Fermented Fruit fertilizing Juices, as opposed to chemical fertilizers. Any Profs out there I can discuss this with?

Graham

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Interesting, I'd never heard of this before.

For those reading and interested in the subject, see this article on New Farm.

I suspect you'd have better luck with your query on the New Farm forums than here - there are only a few UBC faculty who venture on here every so often, and they participate on topics different than this. You might get some responses from a few people on here though if you shared your thoughts and questions.

3. takbok1

takbok1 Member

Looking at Indigenous Micro-organisms

Hi,

I need to look at some soil microorganisms I have cultured. Basically the Actinomycetes and the organic matter decomposers.

Can I do it with a 1500 power light microscope? Or what magnification do I need.

Graham