Identification: Identification of this houseplant

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by butterflylady, Jul 25, 2005.

1. butterflylady

butterflylady Member

I want to know what the name of this plant is. I am a new subscriber and I hope I am doing this right. I am not sure if I can attach a picture of it. Thank you for your help.

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

3. butterflylady

butterflylady Member

The picture is a jpg and is 754 kb of a plant I can't identify and my Master Gardeners have no idea what it is called.
    I am not good at descriptions, and parts of a plant. The plant is flowering now and has a white flower with a gold stick-like pollen. It also has 3 red peanut-shaped items with 3 circle yellow items that are were the 3 peanut-shaped item come together. The leaves remind me of a painted horse, light green blotches.

Closest plants that resemble it are Dracanea.

Attached Files:

4. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

HI There ..
    it is not a Drac at all .. I have the regular green version of this .. and i think it is the only plant I dont have a name for ...lol.. i was searching for a while there trying to find it ..but no luck yet .. when i do ill let u know what it is ...

Marn

5. Ralph Walton

Ralph Walton Active Member 10 Years

Dieffenbachia perhaps?

Ralph

6. Joe Keller

Joe Keller Active Member 10 Years

Your plant is an Aglaonema commutatum . Whether it is the species or one of the cultivars is difficult to determine from your photo. Joe