how to revive these trees?

Discussion in 'Gymnosperms (incl. Conifers)' started by vicarious1, Sep 2, 2015.

1. vicarious1

vicarious1 Active Member 10 Years

Burnaby North on a slope facing south & a view :-)
    Hi. I am a "Recycler" on many levels. A friend of mine brought me over a dozen of 4 feet tall trees for cypress hedges. His friend bought them to plant, but then the building of the new home took over and they did not take care planting them. They have been just lying around this dry summer.
    Will they loose all their needles or just change colour and possibly revive?
    What are my chanced these trees going green again and what to do to help them?
    They now got manure and got 1x liquid organic fish fertilizer/water mix and were watered regularly before the big rains this week etc...
    Looking for any advise, predictions anyone can share? I would like to make a hedge with them but am concerned starting digging and they they will not make it. That is why they are currently planted within my vegetable patch.
    Is it better to plant them in their planned final growing space now or better leave them over the winter in my veggie patch to recuperate?
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

The brown ones are dead, with the one remaining green one looking like it is to follow.