Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis

Discussion in 'Flower Mandalas Project' started by dbookbinder, Jun 24, 2005.

1. dbookbinder

dbookbinder Active Member 10 Years

Suggestions for a complementary quote, a word that these mandala images evoke, or some history or other information about the flower itself are most welcome, as are corrections to my flower identification if I've got it wrong and any other comments you'd care to make.

I'd also appreciate identification of the specific cultivar, if applicable.

Thanks,
    - David
    © 2005, David J. Bookbinder

Attached Files:

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

First one "Falling into the Light"
    Second "The Dance of the Intracacies"

Don't ask what I mean. I just feel that.

You know David I sure hope I get to see a full exhibit of these mandalas one day. What is the max. size you can make from your files?. I would love to see some of these in large full panels, 1 metre square or more. They would also be fantastic as transparencies on glass.

I know your intention is to create a book, but the images would make wonderful art pieces as well.

3. dbookbinder

dbookbinder Active Member 10 Years

Hi, Eric. I currently print these images at 7.5 x 7.5. They look fine at 12 x 12. Most likely, if viewed from a typical distance, they would also look good when printed much larger, particularly if I tweaked the upsampled image, but I don't have the capacity to print any larger, so I can't be sure. The original images are only 3mp photographs, but because they are stylized, the normal upsampling rules of thumb don't seem to always apply. Depends on how much the image depends on sharp detail. Some don't.

I'd like to do something with them large scale. I'm starting to think about how to market them and am open to suggestions.

- David