Identification: help

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by missy, Mar 15, 2005.

1. missy

missy Member

Please help...This first plant was invested with spider mites but i managed to get rid of the critters....But now my plant looks horrible. I'm worried that it may not come back . Any tips on how to get rid of the damage the mites did?

And the second plant...I just wanted to know if someone could ID it for me...

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

The second plant looks like a calathea or maranta.

3. Newt

Newt Well-Known Member 10 Years

4. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

Hi Missy ..

the second plant is a Ctenanthe lubbersiana or also known as a Tropical dragon .. I have one of these and they r a really kool plant to grow .. they love humidity .. mist daily and somewhat bright light .. they grow new shoots out of the dirt .. and they r not poisonous to cats either .. as my cat has chewed on mine seceral times .. had to cut it right back ..lol..
    and the dumbcane cut the damaged leaves off .. spider mites just love this plant .. and use water that has been sittin for a day .. they r picky about there water and place it in a morning sun window ..and chek all the time for mites .. next time just use a spider mite spray and wash the leaves under running water .. I had mites not that long ago and just sprayed and washed and they r gone ..

good luck with both your plants ..

Marn