HELP! Trachelospermum jasminoides

Discussion in 'Vines and Climbers' started by Alison, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Alison

Alison Active Member

I need advice quickly! Our neighbours ancient garage has collapsed due to the weight of our recent snowfall. One casualty is my huge star jasmine, which was growing voraciously up the side. The roots were pulled up a little, but not much, so I pressed the soil back in around the bottom. The vine is probably 10' by 6'.
    The garage debris is to be moved this Tuesday so I need to act quickly. What do I do? Try to pull the vine away from the now horizontal garage and keep in tact till spring (I'm not sure how, it's huge) or if I prune it will it probably be okay despite the timing? I don't mind sacrificing blooms for a year, I just don't want to shock it more than it all ready has been. Thanks in advance.

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Sounds like the only practical thing is to cut it off and do something to mark and protect the crown so it isn't trampled. Or dig it up and replant in a new position.

3. Alison

Alison Active Member

The plant in question...

Attached Files:

4. James D.

James D. Active Member

Just prune it back so that it isnt dug up adn removed with the garage and top dress the soil around the base and it should be perfectly fine till spring.