Help save my dying Yucca!!

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by EwanH, Nov 7, 2007.

1. EwanH

EwanH Member

Hey guys,

First post here :) My Yucca which I bought about 6 weeks ago isn't doing so well :( I was told it was a good plant to buy as its pretty resiliant and hard to kill...

It sits in a fairly dark corner but since it started looking unwell (about 2 weeks ago) I've moved it in front o my window, however it doesn't seem to be perking up at all. I haven't given it any fertiliser, just tap water. The pot is well drained (I guess?) - the soil certainly isn't waterlogged. I didn't water it at all for the first month and then gave it quite a bit, however I always waited until the soil was dry before giving it more.

Any clues?

Thanks a bunch :)

Ewan.

Attached Files:

2. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

OK, for a start, it shouldn't be in a dark corner. All mine are outside in full sub tropical sun. They are hard to kill and if its the yellowing of the leaves you are worried about, IMHO it is just shocked at getting actual sunlight. I don't believe it is dying, it just needs to get used to the sun again. Give it a bit of time to adjust. Do not fertilize and water as normal.
    Thats what I think, someone else may have a different opinion though.

Good luck

Ed

3. EwanH

EwanH Member

Cheers Ed, exactly what I wanted to hear :) What would "water as normal" constitute? I was thinking about 500ml a week? Or is that too much?

4. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

That should befine, but just make sure the soil is dry before you water again

Ed