Help my Janet Craig!!!

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Nicole0426, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Nicole0426

Nicole0426 Active Member

Hello,

I have a Draceanea (Janet Craig) and I have had issues with this plant from day 1. I got this plant as a gift from a charity at chili's. (Not too relevant) But, I have currently been battling leaf spot disease. I have tried putting a blend of mineral oil and baking soda on the leaves. It seems to help prevent the leaf spot from spreading. But it doesn't get rid of it. I have had to cut the plant back some and it doesn't seem to be growing like it used to. Also the leaves are curling length wise. I'm not sure what to do. I don't water it much at all (maybe once a month because of leaf spot). Is the curling because of too much light? It is in a spot that gets morning sun but not much more than that. It was in a very dark corner that barely got any light.

Can you give me any clues on how to cure the leaf spot disease and as to why the leaves are curling?

Please help!!!!

Thank you.

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

3. Nicole0426

Nicole0426 Active Member

Would the leaf spot disease affect the stalk as well? Or just the leaves?

4. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

I've not heard of it affecting the stems. Is that what you're seeing? It may help in identifying the problem if you were to post some pictures of the plant.

5. Nicole0426

Nicole0426 Active Member

Okay. No I don't think its affecting the stem but the leaves have gotten so bad I was thinking about propagating the plant to start fresh. All the leaves are starting to slowly die off. But I was thinking, if the stem was affected, it wouldnt even help.

6. Sundrop

Sundrop Well-Known Member

To me it looks like your plant may be under-watered.
    According to the info on this website: http://www.plantandflowerinfo.com/plant_care_dracaena