Help me identify this tiny pine tree?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by AmyEvans, Oct 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. AmyEvans

AmyEvans New Member

Hello all! I recently inherited some plants, without the ability to ask any questions about them. Is this a type of bonsai? Or a mini pine tree of some kind? I don't know much about plants and I'd really like to save this one if I could. It has some time of moss on top of the earth. I don't know if I should leave it there or remove it. Some of the needles are turning brown but I know the plants all went for about 3 weeks without water. It also looks like new growth coming in on the tips though. How often should I water it, or how moist should the soil be? I also got a majesty palm that is starting to brown on the tips and I'm not sure how much to water it as well. There's also a zz plant that seems healthy so far, but is starting to yellow on some leaves. Again, unsure how much to water it and I think it may be too dry.

Attached Files:

2. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Not a pine, but it does look like a conifer, Cryptomeria japonica. Maybe someone else can tell if it's really a bonsai or just young, and what the care should be.

For the other two, how about photographing them and starting a new thread for each of them? There are some links related to zz plants in this recent thread: Help with ZZ Plant?. Overwatering seems to be a more likely problem.