Ginkgo biloba 'Weeping Wonder'

Discussion in 'Gymnosperms (incl. Conifers) Photo Gallery' started by JT1, Sep 22, 2013.

1. JT1

JT1 Contributor 10 Years

Ginkgo biloba 'Weeping Wonder'
    This is a dwarf weeping form of Ginkgo biloba. Tends to have a better weeping habit than other weeping introductions in my opinion. It grows like it's just not sure what it wants to be when it grows up, as if it can't make up it's mind on what way to go, regardless of the direction it's dependable in weeping. The foliage is triangular in shape. Based on the reaction of garden visitors, it seems to be more of a collectors tree, because the average person doesn't seem to know what to make of it or they look puzzled when I smile and say it's a Ginkgo. But this tree dares to be different and I love it for it's oddness, almost like a parent's love for a very odd child that no one else seems to get.

I like it's unusual and odd habit, dependable bright yellow fall color, and the winter interest of it's form and bark color / texture. Foliage is somewhat sparse in comparison to other dwarf Ginkgo, but seems to be about average to above average when compared to other weeping forms of Ginkgo.

Attached Files:

2. amazingmaples

amazingmaples Well-Known Member 10 Years

Did you just get a new shipment from Buchholz? I have one of these ginkgos on order from them

3. JT1

JT1 Contributor 10 Years

This is our second season with Weeping Wonder, I think you will like it when yours arrives. Nothing new from Buchholz for me this season, but I should have some things coming next Spring. I finally bought into the hype of Amagi shigure, after passing it up for a few years. Now all they have left is a 12" cedar box, so I added one to the order. Wish I could have a larger one, but they always grow, just takes time.