fungicides for raspberry botrytis

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by wf1992, May 6, 2010.

1. wf1992

wf1992 Member

The yellow rust on my raspberries is alarmingly early & abundant this spring. In researching yellow rust, an old thread helped me identify another problem I've been having with them as Botrytis cane wilt - also responsible for the multitude of raspberries that mold before they're even ripe.

I have been staying on top of weeds, I prune out fruited canes asap after harvest, the canes aren't crowded (although that's mostly unintentional because I've been losing so many to the botrytis), and the patch is well drained. Controlling it this way is proving a losing battle.

Looks like the agricultural answer to the botrytis (now that buds have formed) is a fungicide called Tanos 50DF, and it must be some kind of nasty, because it's not available for home use.

Soooo, anybody know what fungicides ARE available for home use? Is there anything that will get both the rust & botrytis together? Is it even possible to eradicate, or would spraying need to continue indefinitely?

Thanks for any help!

2. Harry Homeowner

Harry Homeowner Active Member

Look into a product called SERENADE available to home owners at most GC's and it also organic which is nice since you will be eating your raspberries. I believe botrytis is listed (but check). I hope this helps.