fungi&trees

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by silvatica, Dec 4, 2006.

1. silvatica

silvatica Member

Hello,people!

My english is not so good but I hope you'll understand me. I would like to know about which fungi growth under which tree, I mean related to mycorrhiza between them. Please, recomend me some good link or book. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  2. Newt

Newt Well-Known Member 10 Years

Hi Silvatica,

You might find it easier to pick a species of tree and then do a google search for the mycorrhizal fungi associated with it. Once you have the name of the trees you could search with both the common and botanical names. Note how I spelled 'mycorrhizal'. You could also search with terms such as:
    tree + mycorrhizal fungi
    Croatia + tree + mycorrhizal fungi
    Croatia + trees
    Croatia + native tree
    narrow leaved ash + mycorrhizal fungi
    Fraxinus angustifolia + mycorrhizal fungi

By the way, your English is very good! Better then I can speak Croatian!

Newt

3. silvatica

silvatica Member

Dear Newt,

thank you very much for advices about the problem I must manage (fungiandtrees) and also for that you thinking about my english. I think, croatian is much harder for learn than mushrooms and english. Anyway, thanks once again and very big kiss for all the good will mushroomers in the world.

Silvatica

P.S. I am not so often on this forum because I have not PC of my own. Do not be angry on me.

4. Newt

Newt Well-Known Member 10 Years

Silvatica, you are very welcome. It's ok that you aren't on the computer often, and I appreciate your effort to let me know. I am just happy that I could help.

Newt