Fruit tree help

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by Michael15r, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Michael15r

Michael15r Member

Hello there fellow friends,

I have some type of small issue in my yard. I have the fruit tree that got as a gift about 4 years ago as a seedling growing in small 4inch pot now it's a huge tree growing at a rapid rate at maybe 5-7 inches a year. So I was wondering why type of tree this could be and what are the positives and the negatives out of it? Here are some good pictures to show you all after reading all this....
    Thanks! and any comments will be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

It appears to be Eriobotrya japonica, Loquat. Here is some information on it.

3. Michael15r

Michael15r Member

Thank you very much, now I know what kind of tree this is and how it tall it grows. WOW a good 10 to 20 ft. that's quite large for my back yard. But the seeds are so darn easy to grow from what my grandma has told me. But her tree is way much more smaller and mines got pretty large, larger than hers. Wow.. Well thank you for your help Junglekeeper, thank you very much. I love this site.

*** I was wondering is there a way to post pictures here on this website offsite instead of hosting them on the website itself? Thanks in advance.

** Also is there somewhere were I can showcase my garden in a way?... Like fore example I want to show everyone online my sunflower garden. Or is there another website to showcase gardens and such.
    Well Thanks

4. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

I'm not familiar with this tree but perhaps it's similar to citrus in which trees are sometimes grafted onto dwarfing rootstocks. Maybe that would explain the smaller size of your grandmother's tree. Just a thought.

I don't know the answers to your questions but I suggest you post them to this forum.

5. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

1) yes, upload them to a web page and link to the page. The other method, uploading them somewhere and then embedding them directly, isn't available - it's a small security issue

2) Photography and Art forum sounds perfect for that.