Epidendrum and Maxillaria sharing a pot

Discussion in 'Orchidaceae (orchids)' started by andrewpfisher, Oct 24, 2006.

1. andrewpfisher

andrewpfisher Member

Should I split these up? Neither of them has done much since i got them at the Orchid Show in SF this past spring. I've been watering about every other to every week and fertilizing once a month with 20-20-20. Is this appropriate. It gets indirect light, no direct light. Should I change something?
    Thanks,
    A

2. terrestrial_man

terrestrial_man Active Member 10 Years

Again more info! Just what species or what hybrid are they respectively. In pots? Temperatures? Images?

3. andrewpfisher

andrewpfisher Member

all four of these plants are growing in about the same conditions as they are all in the kitchen (in south berkeley). There's a north facing window that gets almost no direct sun and the plants are in a spot where they get indirect light only. I can take some pics and post as soon as I have time.
    Temperature:
    we haven't turned on our heater yet, so it can be chilly in the mornings. I dont take temperature readings though. The temperature is pretty constant on the bottom floor of our place where they are and is what I would say is "cool" prob in the 60-68 degree range (which is prob too cold).
    Humidity....
    well, its about as humid as it is in Berkeley, not very, at least not this time of year.

Species Clarification:
    Epidendrum centradinum
    Maxillaria sanguinea
    if they are hybrids I have no idea.