Citrus sorbet and slushies

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by Will B, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Will B

Will B Active Member

We recently started making citrus sorbet and slushies with the juice from the fruit produced by our collection of citrus plants. We purchased a Ninja Creami deluxe and it works wonderfully at making absolutely delicious citrus sorbets and slushies from the fruit we harvest.

For those wondering what to do with the large amount of fruit that citrus plants can produce this makes a great additional way of enjoying your bountiful harvest. Our usual process (apart from the fruit we eat fresh) involves juicing the fruit, making ice cubes with the juice, then using the ice cubes in either cooking, making juice to drink, or (now) sorbet and slushies.

The results are excellent. The photo shows citrus sorbet made with Bergamot, accompanied with two pieces of grapefruit citrus peel candy. A great desert made with items we produce ourselves. So far we have tried Bergamot, Yuzu, Sudachi, Chinotto, Calamondin, Persian Lime, and Limequat. All fabulous!

Attached Files:

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Looks delicious!

Georgia Strait likes this.
  3. Georgia Strait

Georgia Strait Generous Contributor 10 Years

South Okanagan & Greater Vancouver, BC Canada
    I forget if you heat your orangerie greenhouse - with solar or natural gas or …?

I would choose a citrus treat over chocolate !
    I just said that

your photo is enviable

lemon bars!

i remember our English relative would make a foamy custard dessert whereby the baked pudding would have a cake top and sauce custard under (lots of eggs)

no doubt in an old copy of “joy of cooking”

4. Will B

Will B Active Member

We use small electric outdoor gazebo heaters connected to a thermostat that kicks in just above freezing in our greenhouse. The heaters supply radiant heat, which we find quite efficient...