calathea warscewiczii yellow leaves

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Dule, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Dule

Dule New Member

My Calathea is losing it's new leaves. They turn yellow and for in about 4 or 5 days tops.
    There's also some brown spots in some leaves. I try watering less and all the leaves starting to curl and I understand that's for lack of water, so I try watering more often with rainwater (I'm in an area with hard water). Now I'm only watering when the soil is dry but I spray a bit of water on the leaves. I know Calatheas are a bit fussy but I would love to see the new leaves grow.

Attached Files:

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Welcome to the forums.

The plant, as seen in the last photo, appears to be quite healthy. The yellowing leaves seen in the first photo are from a recent offset; perhaps the conditions at the time were less than optimal thus causing it to abort. The minor damage to some of the leaves may have been from physical contact. Have look at the following document for suggestions on growing this plant. It recommends for the soil to be kept moist at all times. Note that Calathea warszewiczii is a synonym of Goeppertia warszewiczii.

Plants & Flowers » Calathea warscewiczii

Dule likes this.
  3. Dule

Dule New Member

Thank you! I'm new with plants so I might be freaking out more than needed, it's just really frustrating that all the new leaves just died.
    Thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2019