Baby Grapevines

Discussion in 'Grapes and Grape Vines' started by Giardino, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Giardino

Giardino Member

About 2 Mths Ago I Planted Some Grape Seeds And Noticed That What I Can See A Baby Grapevine Is Starting To Grow!! My Question Is How Often Should I Water The Grapevine When I Bring It Inside For The Winter? Also If You Have Any Pictures To Show Me How A Baby Grapevine Looks Like Or Any Website To Guide Me Too.

2. akwx

akwx Member

A week ago, I was given a baby (4") grapevine (green concord) by a neighbor. I was told that she had always enjoyed the grapes off her 20-year old vine on the back porch, and the seeds were casually discarded into the adjacent vegetable garden. This baby grapevine was just one of many that pops up in her garden once in a while.

It seems to me that grapevines are fine just being outdoors (in Vancouver, B.C., that is). They are a hardy bunch! For the time being, my pot of baby grapevine is placed in the middle of my 10' X 10' flower bed, being watered regularly with the rest of the plants. If you wish, I can keep you posted about my own progress, or wait for a few days, I can take a few photos of the beauty, and present them online.

3. Giardino

Giardino Member

Hi There That Will Great If You Can Do That, I Also Did The Same But I Planted Cabernet Sauvignon Seed.do You Think It Matters Weither It's A Concord Grape Or Cabernet Grape? I Live In Toronto And Now The Temperature At Night Is Getting As Low As 8 Degrees Should I Take Them Inside Now Or Is It Fine Just To Leave Them Outside. Please Advise Also I'm Looking Forward To See The Picture.

Thanks