My compost bay in my back yard was absolutely full of these mushrooms this spring. I live in Southern Ontario, Canada. Most leafy garden waste and all kitchen veg waste gets recycled into this compost. I dug most of the mushrooms back into the compost and found that there was a lot of white root network in the soil. I did a spore print, and it was dark brown. I didn't eat amy of these mushrooms as I didn't know what they were. Could I have eaten them and survived? And can I expect more next spring?