Identification: Aeonium ID

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by loligo, Aug 20, 2009.

1. loligo

loligo Member

Hello all! I bought this Aeonium a few days ago, but I can't seem to find out which kind it is. Any help would be appreciated!

It's bottom leaves are yellowing some on the edges and I'm getting worried. :(

- Amy

Attached Files:

2. Daisylovn

Daisylovn Member

Sorry I don't know what it is but I wanted to commented on how much this succulent looks like a beautiful rose.... That said, my commenting will bump it to the top for possible ID.

Tracey

3. valley succulents

valley succulents Member

I have been looking at some other pictures and I think it might be Aeonium nobile but it is hard to be certain. Aeonium do drop their leaves at this time of year as light levels drop. If the lower leaves are soft you could try giving it a little water, but don't soak it.

Cheers

4. loligo

loligo Member

Thanks all. It finally stopped losing its leaves and it's doing just great!

5. SusanDunlap

SusanDunlap Active Member

A. nobile has thicker leaves with acute leaf tip. Where have you looked?

6. SusanDunlap

SusanDunlap Active Member

Hybrid of A. arboreum? The leaf shape is not quite right for the species. San Marcos growers has a good description of their cv. The lower leaf drop is normal. If it clumps it is likely a hybrid of A. canariense. If it grows an elevated "trunk" before branching, it is more likely a hybrid of arboreum. I force arboreum (in the ground) to remain a single rosette and they get huge! A winter grower.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...en-US:official&um=1&ei=0rMOS-TdDoe8tgPT2rXrCQ