Advise on Thai Basil's sickly look

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by Esa Ahani, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Esa Ahani

Esa Ahani New Member

Hi guys! This is my first time posting in this forum, so do correct me if I'm not posting in the right location. :)

I am a new gardener starting out with some Thai basil and three different types of tomatoes, Juliet Hybrid, Beefmaster, and Golden Boy. I have a couple of questions which I hope to get some advice on.

1. As seen in the attached photo, my Thai basil looks kinda sickly with white spots and even a bacteria spot. I went over to Gardenworks today and was advised to use fertilizer (Gardenworks Organic Vegetable Fertilizer 3-1-4) and spray End-All on the basil. I was also told that recovery would not take long following this process. I was wondering if anyone can corroborate this advice?

2. I mixed SeaSoil 25% and MySoil 75% for all of my plants, however, I was getting conflicting advice on the addition of fertilizer. One said that fertilizer would not be needed until August (I have planted my plants in late May), while another said to add the fertilizer once every 10 days, what is the correct advice I should follow?

3. Are the Juliet Hybrid, Beefmaster, and Golden Boy indeterminates? Gardenworks states that the Beefmaster and Juliet are determinates while every other sites I have been too say otherwise. I have been pruning my tomatoes to a double-stem plant, instead of the common single stem, and I am afraid that I have been pruning determinates.

I appreciate any and all advice, thank you!

Attached Files: