Identification: Adopted plant needs I.D. PLEASE

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by NewbiePlantr, Mar 19, 2007.

1. NewbiePlantr

NewbiePlantr Member

I kind of adopted this plant 2 yrs. ago. In the fall it blooms 1-3 flowers a year. The flowers are a creamish, white color. The flower has one big petal (spoon shaped?) I repotted it 1 1/2yrs. ago. It had been watered way too much, the soil was mildewy. It has bulbs. This plant has seen better days.

IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE IDENTIFY THIS PLANT AND BRIEFLY TELL ME HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THIS PLANT, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.

THANKS! =)

Attached Files:

2. riptidefrog

riptidefrog Active Member

Looks like a peace lily to me. Likes to be kept moist but not wet or soggy. It will let you know when it needs water too. Wilts and looks really horrible but water it and it bounces right back in a matter of hours.

3. riptidefrog

riptidefrog Active Member

Oh yeah, doesnt really need alot of light. Mine is in the shade, not even filtered light for more than 4-6 hours a day and is doing just fine.

4. DandyLioness

DandyLioness Active Member

I'm with frog.. I agree that it's a peace lily.

5. NewbiePlantr

NewbiePlantr Member

Thank you for identifying my plant. I've definately seen it droop a time or two. My biggest problem now is keeping my pet ferret from digging in it. He loves to dig in the cat litter, dirt, sand, and carpet. Anyway, THANKS AGAIN! =)