Acer palmatum 'Tamuke yama'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by Elmore, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Xi-feng

Xi-feng Rising Contributor

Thanks D -- I hope I can keep it thriving. Saw that wind-broken branch and just saw red, sigh. I suppose that's the drawback to standard forms when their height takes them over the protection afforded by a garden fence, so I hope putting it against the house gives it a chance to strengthen up those branches a bit! It's so pretty, I'd hate for it to struggle.

2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Strong winds here the last couple of days also, but I think M @ROEBUK has had it worse. Good idea moving it nearer the house. Hope it doesn't rub against the guttering . Do keep an eye on that.

Xi-feng likes this.
  3. Xi-feng

Good thought -- will watch it closely! :)

Acerholic likes this.
  4. Acerholic

30th May 2022 and after some chat these last few days, I thought I would show how mine is doing.
    Tamukeyama 29th May 2022.JPG

Xi-feng and D97x7 like this.
  5. Xi-feng

I am in love with this tree. The colour, the leaf-shape... and yes, the standard size that means I'm looking up at the branches with the light shining down on them. Beautiful thing!

20220602 Tamukeyama.jpg

D97x7 and Acerholic like this.
  6. Acerholic

And in tne London sunshine, what better Xi..

Xi-feng likes this.