Acer palmatum 'Pixie'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by yweride, May 17, 2005.

1. MapleMO

MapleMO Active Member 10 Years

Thanks D, good to hear it is probably ‘just’ our changing climate or stronger solar strength, lol. Strange year indeed. Hopefully we will get to enjoy some amazing fall colours.

2. Acerholic

Acerholic Esteemed Contributor Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@MapleMO Agreed M. They are all changing fast now.

3. Acerholic

5th September 2020 and the diary continues, each day has a new colour on the leaves now. And tbh some rather strange colours this year.
    So posted this for M @MapleMO. My Bloodgood is even weirder!!!

Attached Files:

MapleMO likes this.
  4. Acerholic

13th September 2020 and the sun is shining and it is getting warmer and warmer once again. So I hope my photo conveys this lovely near Autumn day.

Attached Files:

5. Acerholic

21st September 2020, the day before the Equinox and I'm surprised my Pixie is still OK. It was moved last week and I'm having no adverse effects, atm !!!!

Attached Files:

6. Acerholic

25th September 2020 and some colours are more subtle than others. But that is the beauty of maples they are all so different and often the same tree is different year on year. This is why they are loved the world over.
    Lots of rain and hail yesterday and my Pixie is doing OK.

Attached Files:

7. Acerholic

4th October 2020and my Pixie is looking rather nice in the rain.

Attached Files: