Acer palmatum 'Nuresagi'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by winterhaven, Jun 5, 2009.

1. winterhaven

winterhaven Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

Head turner Nuresagi at a local nursery. If I'd realized that we didn't already have a thread I'd have taken more shots, including a close up leaf shot. Sorry about that.

Well, I'm sure I'll visit it again soon (if it doesn't sell) and then I'll pick up more shots.

Attached Files:

2. maplesandpaws

maplesandpaws Active Member

I love my Nuresagi... So far the leaves haven't 'straightened out', and I'm really hoping they don't - it really adds to the elegance of the tree. Can't wait for it to gain another 3-4 feet!!

Attached Files:

3. maplesandpaws

My lovely Nuresagi from Whitman Farms. Just love the deep black-purple of the young foliage. It does green up to some degree in summer, though still retains hints of the deep purple in with the rich, deep green. Can't wait for the fall show!

Attached Files:

4. maplesandpaws

Well, the fall show was pretty much non-existent thanks to the early, very cold snap. But, it fared well over the winter, and has been growing very well so far this spring. Definitely a favorite of mine.

Attached Files:

5. bub72ck

bub72ck Active Member

Nuresagi or "Wet Heron" from Maple Ridge Nursery in Decatur, GA. Currently about 7' tall.

EB54AE41-0F03-48EA-BF6B-74E50D43BE31_zpsecmdtm35.jpg

44A3334C-7FB7-4028-923A-F1E97BD38F66_zpszzlccoar.jpg