Acer palmatum 'Hemelrijk'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by whis4ey, Jul 25, 2007.

1. whis4ey

whis4ey Well-Known Member 10 Years

This is another new plant for me this year imported from Esvelds in Holland
    Hemelrijk

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
  2. emery

emery Renowned Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Sam, that's a very pretty plant. Nice shape, too. This was sent in the mail? Looks too big, a 150 or so? Certainly has a very nice large trunk, too.

Your ground looks like mine: wet and heavy.

Thanks for drawing this one to our attention.

-E

3. whis4ey

Bought as a 100/125 for 56.60 Euros plus carriage and tax of course
    I am very pleased so far and will be buying from Esvelds again I hope
    Hemelrijk packaging was damaged in transit, but the delivery man had it unpacked and set out on my lawn with the damaged side turned away from my door. I glanced over, all seemed well, and I signed .... (typical lawyer)
    As it turned out .... there was no damage done
    It looks good
    Kinran is also another one I am very pleased with, as is Shigage ori Nishiki
    Yes ... you are right ... my garden is heavy clay ... and this year wet wet wet

4. katsura

katsura Active Member 10 Years

i agree with you on Red Trompenberg parentage because of the leaf convexity and
    coloring; in fact as soon as I saw your great photos, i thought "TROMPENBERG" even
    before I saw your words to the right. lovely plant which I am sure you will enjoy.
    thanks for sharing it. I wud love to buy from Esveld but I am pleased my European
    forum colleagues can.

5. emery

emery Renowned Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

I have long been meaning to purchase Kinran. Not sure if this will be the year though.

I've bought from Esveld for 4 years now, they have been a reliable supplier in terms of quality. Which is not to say all of the plants have prospered... I haven't gotten it together to send in my fall order yet though.

Maybe it doesn't feel enough like summer. The ground is absolutely saturated with water, I've had losses, and some wonderful plants like A. tutcheri just hanging in there, the young red leaves turning an etiolated yellow before going dark bronze, with crispy edges.

-E

6. whis4ey

We have had a disastrous year for the Japanese maples this year with incessant rain for almost 3 months waterlogging the ground
    Whilst this has resulted in an absolutely astounding seed production, it has meant that very few indeed of my trees have shown autumn colour, many leaves just shrivelling to brown and falling off
    Of my new trees Kinran and Moonfire in particular have simply just lost their leaves with no colour change at all
    Hemelrijk has been an exception although it is fast succumbing ......

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  7. Karl Villareal

Karl Villareal Well-Known Member

My Hemelrijk summer colors in the shade
    IMG_20220604_192606.jpg IMG_20220604_192757.jpg

IMG_20220604_192606.jpg

IMG_20220604_192540.jpg

Romain01, Xi-feng, Acerholic and 2 others like this.