Acer palmatum 'Elmwood'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by yweride, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

There are two, so enjoy and drool !!

Luke’s Maples likes this.
  2. Luke’s Maples

Luke’s Maples Generous Contributor

Will have napkins at the ready ;-)

3. Acerholic

21st May 2021 and there has been the most awful wind here in Southern England for the past 24hrs and more expected today. So I thought I would take this whist my Elmwood was still OK.
    Elmwood 235.JPG

Xi-feng likes this.
  4. Acerholic

25th May 2021 and I'm posting this to show how very slow my Elmwood is to leaf out fully this year. It has been just so cold.
    Elmwood 239.JPG

5. Acerholic

26th June 2021 and a month on from my ,ast posting shows my Elmwood doing quite well now.
    Elmwood 280.JPG

Xi-feng and D97x7 like this.
  6. Acerholic

14th July 2021 and my Elmwood is coming along nicely. It enjoys this cooler weather, but what will it be like after the heat arrives in the next few days!!?
    Elmwood 302.JPG

Xi-feng likes this.
  7. Acerholic

27th April 2022 and after a slow start, my Elmwood is making great progress now.
    Elmwood April 27th 2022.JPG

Xi-feng likes this.
  8. Acerholic

1st May 2022 and I wanted to show the changes to my Elmwood. This cultivar shows one of the best transformations of the greens IMO. I will update as the days continue.
    Elmwood May 1st 2022.JPG

Xi-feng likes this.
  9. Acerholic

11th June 2022 and already second flush leaves starting to unfurl on my Elmwood.
    Elmwood 11th June 2022.JPG

Xi-feng likes this.
  10. ROEBUK

ROEBUK Generous Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Elmwood from this year one Spring picture then one from Summer then two from the fall 2022. Very pretty tree with excellent leaf definition/pattern plus a very quick grower as well, staying in it's pot for another year , looking forward to next years showing.

Attached Files:

Romain01 and Acerholic like this.
  11. Acerholic

Looking good M. Agree with the staying in a pot a bit longer. Mine is a slow grower with not a substantial root growth.

12. Acerholic

29th October 2023 and I'm pleased to show my Elmwood has done well this year. I was worried about the root growth in 2022, but all is well.
    PXL_20231029_101356521.jpg