Acacia (?) traumatized by cold, what to do?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by lkt, Feb 2, 2008.

1. lkt

lkt Member

Hi,

I'd really appreciate some help learning how to care for a new plant. A stranger gave me what I believe he called an "Acacia" tree (He did say it was Asian) that he'd kept as a houseplant for several years; he said it's very hardy and easy to take care of. I brought it home and left it outside for a night because I needed to check it for bugs before bringing it inside. I brought it inside, but now all of the leaves are limp and hanging, except the leaves on what looks like a young branch at the base of the plant, which are fine. The tree is about 4 feet all and consists of 6 branches. A few branches were dead and just sitting in the pot when I got it. I am not naturally good with plants and I have no idea how to take care of it. For instance:

1) Should I repot it now? Or should I wait? The previous owner said it needed to be repotted, and it doesn't look like the tree has enough soil.

2) How often should I water it?

3) How much light does it need?

It has been a few days and the leaves are still hanging and limp. :-(

I've searched online but haven't been able to find anything useful when I look up Acacia. Most sites refer to Bonsai plants and I can't find any pictures.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide. The links below will show you some pictures of the plant that I just took.

Lori

IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/loreenkay/Plants/P1010011.jpg[/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008