A walk in the woods

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by Kildale, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Kildale

Kildale Active Member

Spent a lot of time in the woods this fall and took 100's of photos. Fungi were great and the mosses. Add the lichens and flowers from earlier visits and it made a good all round web site, WALKING IN THE WOODS. Have a browse. Some strange flowers.

2. M. D. Vaden

M. D. Vaden Active Member 10 Years

Looks like a small violet cort in one of the first images.

Seems I'm not the only one who has a challenge capturing the pure white ones.

Not the skinny white ones, but the one that is slightly curved - I tried and tried and tried to get a clear picture of that kind here in Oregon. "Okay" was the best pic I got from like 20 shots.

You picked out a nice assortment.

3. Kildale

Kildale Active Member

I enjoyed putting this all together, waiting for next year now when things start all over again. Thank you for taking a look at my effort.

4. Kildale

Kildale Active Member

Hi, M. D. Vaden, I should off mentioned that I do have all the images named in another fungi site. WOODS. Or at least most of them.

5. M. D. Vaden

M. D. Vaden Active Member 10 Years

I may have to refer to your page to figure out a few more names for my photos. I know a few, but there are so many I don't know.

Learned that the violet cort was edible, about 3 years ago.

Took my first photo of that one at Oswald West State Park south of Cannon Beach, Oregon.

Attached Files:

6. Kildale

Kildale Active Member

I hope my site can assist you in naming your images, I know its hard trying to ID so many but I go out with some very knowledgeable people.