Appreciation: 30yr old PonyTail Is Drooping

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by mzwanda, Jun 10, 2013.

1. mzwanda

mzwanda New Member

Hello, I have a 30 yr old ponytail that the leaves are drooping terribly. It belonged to my deceased mother, and I dont want to loose this plant. It has very lite green new growth coming out the top and the other shoots. I did repot it, when I got it, we had to cut the pot away from it, to get it out and only put it in a pot, that gave it one inch extra room. It is almost summer, so i have moved it out to the porch, hoping it would like to be outside( in shade at first, gradually moving to sun). Do I need to check for root rot? I didnt notice anything amiss when I repotted it. I used cactus soil as recommended. I'm lost as to what to do. :-(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  2. saltcedar

saltcedar Rising Contributor 10 Years

Might be getting too much water if you've had a lot of rain.
    Remove the saucer until you need it indoors next Winter.

3. mzwanda

mzwanda New Member

Saltcedar, thank you for your reply, I had only moved it outside 2 days ago. Also I put it under a shelter so I could monitor the water it receives. I have only been watering it once a month,and removing the extra water in the saucer below.(I did remove the saucer as you suggested) I got this plant in Feb. of this year, and I wonder if maybe its suffering shock from the move,then I repotted it, and maybe it is just tired of me messing with it LOL. It doesn't feel soft anywhere, or mushy. Also I want to apologize for posting my reply in the wrong place! :-)