Identification: Forum Nebie looking for a little help

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by PlantJunkie, Jan 6, 2007.

1. PlantJunkie

PlantJunkie Member

Ok so I aquired this plant from lowes a few weeks ago but it was labeled assorted tropical foliage.I've never really seen a plant like it before so I was hoping I could get some help here.A name,recomended care or even a link would be great.I have 3 pics that should show some of the more defining features.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any help is very much appreciated
    thanks
    Matt

2. Rosemarie

Rosemarie Active Member

3. PlantJunkie

PlantJunkie Member

Just what I was looking for.
    thanks alot Rosemarie
    Matt

4. Rosemarie

Rosemarie Active Member

You're very welcome, Matt! Glad to help! Looks like your plant had a lot of blooms on it. Hope it does it again for you!

5. PlantJunkie

PlantJunkie Member

Yes it did and thats what threw me off.When I looked at the pic on the link you posted I automatically knew what I was dealing with. Do you have any idea how often it blooms or for how long?

6. Rosemarie

Rosemarie Active Member

The ones I had a few years ago croaked before I ever saw flowers. :( Mine were an albino type (or variegated...I'm not sure) which I had not seen before or have seen ever since I bought them.

Not sure how accurate this is, but my houseplants book has that it flowers for about 6 wks. in autumn. It recoommends you feed it regularly, never let the soil dry out, mist often and keep warm in winter. Good luck!