what the heck am I

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by tellima123, Jul 27, 2009.

1. tellima123

tellima123 Member

Some weird Oaxacan Sterculiaceae thing... maybe?

Attached Files:

2. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Member

Dear, if you'd like to save yourself time and energy I'm sure you're welcome to combine all your identity needs into one thread, instead of creating so many. =) It would be easier to keep up with, and more space and time efficient. But, whatever works best for you should be what you do- this is merely my suggestion. That's a lovely plant you have there, though I dont know what it is.

3. tellima123

tellima123 Member

Sorry, I'm new at this... and don't quite get it I guess...

4. chimera

chimera Well-Known Member 10 Years

Hi tellima, you're doing fine, just would be nice if we could identify you're interesting plants quicker, good of you to mention the family the plant may be in. We're all learning here. Daniel, one of our moderators, has a note here concerning multiple IDs that may help if you think it's necessary www.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=31873 . The NOTES at the top of the forum threads can be helpful as well as some of the threads here www.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4 Copyright of any photos from other sites without permission is a concern for UBC and a link is recommended, just a note for anybody interested. Guess I'm getting way off topic and should have used private message. Enjoying your photos and learning more about Oaxacan plants. Best regards, chimera.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  5. Silver surfer

Silver surfer Generous Contributor 10 Years

Personally I much prefer one query to each post. especially on ones so unusual.Multiple pics can lead to confusion.

6. chimera

chimera Well-Known Member 10 Years

Agree, these plants aren't being identified that quickly. A lady had about 50 photos on another site she linked to and it got very confusing, seemed everybody on here eventually gave up. Then there is the matter of web space.

7. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

Chiranthodendron pentadactylon

PS Sterculiaceae is now included in Malvaceae.

8. tipularia

tipularia Well-Known Member 10 Years

Please don't post a lot on the same posting. Just like Daniel's message, 3-5 is okay.

9. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

If there is only one plant shown responders don't have to indicate which picture they are talking about.