Suggestions - Plant for glazed pot in front on house 'Little Shop'

Discussion in 'Garden Design and Plant Suggestions' started by Charles Richard, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Charles Richard

Charles Richard Active Member 10 Years

We have a glazed pot that was given to us with a sign that reads 'Don't feed the plant'. This comes from the musical 'Little Shop of Horrors'. We were wanting to put a plant in it that looks somewhat monsterous (not neccessarily in size) or with large leaves so that it fits the title of show.
    Just thought I would put it out there in hopes that someone might have a great idea.
    Could even be the flower, not neccessarily the leaves alone.
    Thank you

2. Poetry to Burn

Poetry to Burn Active Member

CR,

You didn't state the size of the pot so not sure of the scale. A few of the Sea Hollies have that zany macabre look that might match your pot theme.

3. Charles Richard

Charles Richard Active Member 10 Years

The pot is 14" x 14" x 16"high, and it is drk. green in color with some embossing on it.
    You mention Sea Holly, have you ever starting it from seed. I ask as I did this spring and got a couple, but need to find out about scarification process for it, to do better.
    Thank you for your reply.

Was thinking about it after sending out the post. Had a 'amorphophallus' that did not make it through the winter. Also, was wondering how the 'arisaema's' would do in a pot?

4. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

i would put some kind of philodendron in it - one of the 'tree' types (rather than one of the viney types). you could even do one of the monstera's - that would be quite apropos!