Salita

Discussion in 'Rosa (roses)' started by madhatter, May 10, 2008.

1. madhatter

madhatter Active Member

Has anyone grown this climbing rose here in the Lowermainland? If so, any comments? I can't seem to find one. Do you know where it may be available.
    Thanks in advance

2. 1950Greg

1950Greg Active Member

Langley, B.C. Stones throw from old HBC farm.
    Yes there is a woman on Vancouver Island that has this rose growing in here garden but I don't see it in here cataloge for sale. You can go to her site at www.oldladyofroses.ca. You could also try helpmefind.com/roses. Seems this rose is European and might not be readily availible in North America. If you go to helpmefind they have a list of places that you can buy from, just use their rose search function.

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  3. Weekend Gardener

Weekend Gardener Active Member 10 Years

There is a Salita growing along the chain link fence at the Centennial Rose Garden, by Dogwood Pavilion in Coquitlam. I know a few members of our rose society grow it.

You will need to get it on mail order as local nurseries are unlikely to carry it. Pickerings Nursery and Palatine Roses are the major Canadian mail order nurseries that carry it, but it is sold out at Palatine's. You will need to plan ahead, as mail order bareroot roses are either shipped in the fall (for orders placed Sep/Oct) or in the Spring. It is probably too late to order for deliver this spring, but check their websites.