Pachypodium geayi help

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by Unregistered, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Hello. I have had a Pachypodium geayi for about 10 or so years and it's always grown very well until the last couple of years. The new leaves emerging at the top don't fully develop. They wilt and soften, and turn brown and shrivel up. Sometimes they look like they have minute crystals on them, as do the newly emerged spines around the growing tip. In the past year I know it hasn't had enough sunlight, but this problem has been going on for longer than that. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very thankful.
    ..tuula

2. Maybe your beloved needs some water. The geayi or lamerei, even though they usually keep good condition in dry environment, to sustain fully developed leaves they demand water and enough sunlight. Hope your can be recovered soon.
    - Hollywoody

3. I need some help with my Pachypodium geayi please. I really don't know how much water I shall give my Pachypodium geayi. Please help me, my flower mustn't die!

4. You might also look closely to see if you have mealy bugs or other little critters feeding on your plant. They are attracted to the new growing parts. If you do have some bugs, you can spray them off with water and treat with a plant friendly bug killer.