Mimosa seeds

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Linda Hachez, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Linda Hachez

Linda Hachez New Member

Hi, folks,,belonged to the forum several years ago, but, for whatever reason, haven't been here for a while.

Looking for Mimosa pudica seeds, to be grown as a houseplant only; sadly, too cold here in zone 4a/b to try to overwinter them.

I teach childrens' gardening classes, and mimosa pant (sensitive plant) is one of the props I use to teach the children that plants have similar needs as humans and animals, ie, they need to eat & drink and are sensitive to touch; ie, since plants are stationary, and can't walk to the tap to get a drink, it is our responsibility to get them a drink, etc., etc., Sounds goofy, but it engages the kids.

All the sites I have checked will not send them to Canada.

Can anyone help, please and thank you!

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

3. Linda Hachez

Linda Hachez New Member

Thank you; did not realized I had only checked Amazon.com not Amazon.ca, so, thanks.

4. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

The first source appears to be best for price and offers larger order quantities - something which may be desirable depending on the number and size of classes.

5. Linda Hachez

Linda Hachez New Member

I pretty much only start around 12 plants, and just rotate the ones I bring into the classes; sometimes they are pretty beat up, after being touched by dozens of kids, so, I swap it out for the next healthy plant and hope the first survives. Hope I get them quick, so they have a chance to grow before the mauling begins. Thank you again, Junglekeeper!