Appreciation: Magic Truffles

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by Fridwald, May 18, 2017.

1. Fridwald

Fridwald New Member

I was reading some articles about this magic truffles and shrooms before engaging my self for the first time.They say that it has a very potent effect on the brain and hallucination. Unlike marijuana does it have any medical use? In one article that I've read magic truffles or shrooms are use on reducing the symtoms of obsessive-conpulsive disorder and anxiety. It can also help people to quit smoking and alcohol addiction. Some studies also suggest the property of magic shrooms/truffles can be useful for cancer patients. I would really want to hear other insights regarding this new possible alternative meds. Thanks

2. Frog

Frog Generous Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Greetings Fridwald,

There are many resources on the medicinal uses of mushrooms in traditional and modern cultures and on ethnomycology in general, both print and online.
    In most most modern and traditional herbalist schools/practices, including traditional Chinese medicine, a diagnosis is made of the individual before a combination of substances is prescribed: Rarely is a mushroom used alone.
    A few resource ideas to get you started: Medicinal Mushrooms by Christopher Hobbs, The Fungal Pharmacy by Robert Rogers,
    There are of course many websites, forums and other resources devoted to the Psilocybe genus, though sclerotia are less often discussed.

I hope that is useful to you,
    frog

Eric La Fountaine likes this.