Landscape Designer. What makes a good company?

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by Travis from Vancouver, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Travis from Vancouver

Travis from Vancouver Member

Hello fellow Gardeners, designers, flowerheads.

I'm reaching out here because I want to start a conversation around garden designers. Full disclosure here. I'm presently taking a start up business program so I can start a landscape design company here in the lower mainland. Obviously I want to run a great company and build a good reputation in the community. But I need to learn the do's and don'ts and gain the trust of my future clients. So I guess my question here is, what advice would you give to a hopeful landscape designer just entering the market. I have a diploma in horticulture, and a degree in landscape architecture with 6 years experience working in a professional office. If you've read this far, thanks so much, I appreciate the feedback.

2. simple leaf

simple leaf New Member

Hi Travis, we are in the same position, my business partner and I have 15+ years of experience each, both with multiple degrees, red seal tickets, and I am currently finishing my degree. We are consulting out to LA's on maintenance needs, plant choices, offering planting plans etc. This post is from 2016, were you able to find answers to your questions? How long did it take to get off the ground? We would love to hear some of the knowledge you have gained.

3. Travis from Vancouver

Travis from Vancouver Member