i need a list of all the plants that grown in zone 2

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by Unregistered, Jan 15, 2005.

1. hello,

i really need to know all the plants that grow well in a zone 2 and no one can tell me could you please! any info would welcome

thanks

2. HortLine

HortLine Active Member 10 Years

Zone 2 plants

While we are not aware of a specific list of Zone 2 plants, there are several possibilites:
    -2 websites and their links are quite informative - www.coldclimategardening.com and www.northerngardening.com. You could certainly email the sites and ask for lists of Zone 2 plants they might be aware of. There are a number of books written, or co-authored by Lois Hole and almost all the plants she lists are hardy to zone 3 colder, and she gives excellent advice on cold-weather gardening as well. Nurseries in Alberta that carry mail order plants (and thus have websites) are often excellent sources of information as well. Lastly, the Edmonton Botanical garden, and other Botanical Gardens in very cold climates would be worth contacting.

3. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

buy the book entitled "sunset western garden book", take lots of notes and you will have a list. or, you can buy Horticopia (computer software) and I think you can search by zone in the program. :)

4. douglas

douglas Active Member 10 Years

Hi Zone 2 where are you?

There are lots of nurseries in the north and some in the upper frazer valley (BC) the specialize in zone 3 and colder.

Regards Doug