I miss you!

Discussion in 'Talk about UBC Botanical Garden' started by Molly/CA, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Molly/CA

Molly/CA New Member

Dear BPOD,

I didn't know how much I appreciated the beautiful photos so faithfully posted, and the enthusiasm and awe-inspiring knowledge of the people who provide the information that goes with them, until you were drowned in the website's troubles.

Here's hoping the sun will shine on the site, soon.

molly

wcutler and chimera like this.
  2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Thanks Molly, I'm trying to get the forums issues sorted out first, before tackling BPotD. I have to wait for the main web site pages to get a refresh first, too -- so I can mirror the design on BPotD. We also still have some questions with the University as to who will host the content going forward. I can't promise any particular date yet.

3. Molly/CA

Molly/CA New Member

<I can't promise any particular date yet.

Not asking, just wanted you all to know of all that BPOD and its crew meant to me (and did for me), which I didn't fully appreciate until you were no longer a click away! Perhaps that thought will cheer you a bit and help give you energy for the next step in the long task.

m

4. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

@Daniel Mosquin

The following add-on may be useful in implementing Botany Photo of the Day:

Media of the Day/Week/Month
    It seems to me the photos and comments in the existing collection can be placed into Media Gallery and the add-on can be used for selecting an entry at random for display.

5. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Hopefully that dicentra picture is not supposed to represent a hanging of the head, as though weary or embarrassed.

6. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

I thought the Dicentra was native and modest, not too showy, you know, Canadian, eh?

7. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Interesting idea for the forums, but it wouldn't quite replace the blog format.