Euphorbia Trigona loosing leaves

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by Danielle Collins, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Danielle Collins

Danielle Collins Member

My tree is 6 feet tall and was quite erect until recently when it started leaning,top heavy perhaps, so I added a support pole and attached it with a bungee.Secondly,my south facing bedroom window was replaced recently and the temp.dropped to 60F. inside. Since then,it started to drop it's leaves.This tree was my pride and joy! After the new window was put in,Trigona went back to it's original location. I keep it dry and it gets several hours of sunshine. During the day,the temp.can go as high as 85F. and it seemed to love it. It is still growing but the leaves are falling off rapidly. Nights are cooler but not below 65F. Will the leaves eventually grow back like the Euphorbia Milii that I also nurture? Bottom branches are growing nicely and maybe one day be able to balance off the top.Should I trim off the top before it reaches the ceiling,only one foot to go! If so,how could I trim it to keep it's "cathedral" shape? Thanks for any suggestions you may have. Danielle Collins

2. Bluewing

Bluewing Well-Known Member

Euphorbia Trigona naturally drops it's leaves in the winter months which can get a little messy, not to worry, they will grow back again in the summer....